HOW TO GET TO PANAMA?
Reaching Panama, you can basically consider the waterway – although not the most frequent in recent times – the land partially or airway.
Through connecting flights arriving at major Hub of the Americas in Star Alliance has been installed at the main airport of the country, Tocumen.
With more than 70 direct flights from the Americas, Europe and the Middle East landing at Tocumen, making reaching Panama much easier each day.
Reaching Panama throught land can be considered only in the northeast between Colombia and Panama because there is a swampy jungle area that has no roads or infrastructure, so that those who land tours are raised by this stretch must resort to the use of ferries or shipping departure Cartagena, Colombia.
Reaching Panama by sea, most often are the cruise ships that ply the Caribbean Sea and visiting the port of Colon on the Atlantic coast or use this point as a port of departure for these cruises travel mostly by islands.
Definitely the ultimate way to enter Panama’s Tocumen International Airport (code: PTY), located 24 kilometers south of the city of Panama.• In this aerodrome as many connections between the north and south of the American continent, calculated for the first half of 2016 by 1.5 million people are made.
- Tocumen has become the most important air port in Central America by the amount of traffic it receives.
- It operates flights to and from more than 70 cities in America and Europe and this year will come from the Middle East flights.
- It is also the main hub of the airline flag, Copa Airlines hub and the group of companies of Star Alliance for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Between 2006 and 2012 it was remodeled and expanded to allow the management of up to 10 million passengers a year and more than 110,000 metric tons of cargo annually.
The major European and Asian airlines are flying to Panama and assessed for years to establish in the Airport Tocumen center similar to the Copa Airlines offers connections. Lines and Continental, American and Delta US Taca, Iberia, Avianca, Lloyd Aereo Boliviano, and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Air France offer nonstop flights from Madrid, Paris and Amsterdam to Panama. Direct flights to Panama from many cities around the world, including many from the United States including Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, Orlando, New York and Newark. Panama is among the best connected countries in the world by air.
Duration of flights to and from Panama:
FROM THE UNITED STATES
- Miami, two hours and 50 minutes.
- Orlando, three hours and 15 minutes.
- Washington, DC, four hours and 30 minutes.
- New York, five hours and 10 minutes.
- Los Angeles, seven hours and 30 minutes.
FROM THE MAIN CAPITALS OF EUROPE:
- Madrid, Spain to Panama: 10 hours 15 minutes.
- Paris, France to Panama 11 hours 45 minutes.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands to Panama: 11 hours 55 minutes
- Frankfurt, Germany to Panama 12 hours 25 minutes. (From March 2, 2016).
FROM THE MIDDLE EAST:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Panama 17 hours 35 minutes (longest non-stop journey across the aviation industry).
- Istanbul, Turkey to Panama 13 hours 30 minutes (since February 2016).